- No male under the age of fifteen years or woman shall be required to attend at any place other than where they reside.
- The police officer shall orally examine the person supposed to be acquainted with the facts and circumstances of the case.
- A person is not bound to answer those questions, which would have a tendency to expose him to a criminal charge or to a penalty or forfeiture (Right Against Self Incrimination).
- No statement made by any person to a police officer in the course of investigation in writing shall be signed by the person making it.
- No police officer shall prevent any person from making in the course of any investigation any statement, which he may be disposed to make of his own freewill.
- Any police officer making an investigation may, by order in writing ask any person being within the local limits of his own or adjoining police station to come to the police station for questioning and it is the duty of the person called to report on the specified time and place.
- Such person is bound to answer truly all questions relating to the case put to him by the officer. No police officer or other person shall offer or make any such inducement, threat or promise to the person being questioned.
- The Police Cannot Torture You Or Resort To 3rd Degree Methods
- No female person can be detained or arrested without the presence of lady constable and in
no case, after sun set and before sun-rise