How to prepare yourself for arrest
Now time to prepare for arrest , you should do the following:
If 498a is imminent, start collecting proofs in forms of letters, audios and videos, next step is contacing a Lawyer like Goutam Prasad , Sunil Raj, Srivastava online. Also post your question in our yahoo group so that people who have already experienced 498a can provide you a helping hand.
Plan Your Wedding | Work From Home
Prepare for 498a|
meeting police |
Police Interrogation |
Life in remand
- Take some snacks and water with you.
- Take your cell phone and its charger. Make sure you have the number of your lawyer stored. If it is a prepaid phone, ensure that it is charged to the max extent. Pay off the cops to do these minor things.
- Mosquito repellent. The police station will be infested with them .
- Keep some cash with you, but donít take any valuables like jewellery. Donít have anything flashy on you.
- If any member of your family is on medication, ensure that you take these along.
- Pack a set of clothes handy to be delivered fast if needed. Pack for 5 days if approached on a Friday.
- Take a book. The Bhagavad-Gita, Bible or the Koran, or anything else of interest to keep you engaged. You will grow close to your god in these trying times.
- Take a notepad and pen to list your feelings with timelines. It will come in useful if you need to recollect the facts in a courtroom or several years down the line when you get to nail her under Section 182 of IPC.
- Inform a trusted friend.
- Get the name of the police inspector and his contact info such as cell, phone number in the station.
- Get the police station address and phone numbers that you are being taken to. It is your right to know.
- Get the names of the SP, ASP and any other superior officer and their contact info.
- Try to get a copy of the FIR. You have the right to know what you are being charged with.
- Keep a copy of this document with you. It will be a useful reference, especially with regard to your rights.
- Do not accompany the police to the station, at least, not without being escorted with your lawyer